Before May 1, 1954, LaGrange school was a single entity with all students attending the old building on Liberty Street. (The remnants of that building were demolished in 2017). On that date, the Lorain County Board of Education combined the western section of Carlisle schools and the LaGrange schools. In 1956, the County added the Penfield school to the Carlisle-LaGrange schools. On January 7th, 1957 the newly consolidated district was officially named, “Keystone Local School District”. The LaGrange High School did not, however, take the official Keystone High School name until December 15, 1959.